"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Thursday 23 July 2020

May you Enjoy a moment of Awe and Wonder

This morning while I was doing the dishes, I had an awe moment watching the bubbles flying in the air. 

Every day, I experience awe-moments! simple awe moments, but so important for me! I don't need to travel in order to experience awe-inspiring moments. 

I am an awe-person! And I have noticed that awe makes me feel happier, healthier, more humble, and more connected to the people around me!

One study found that when people were induced to feel awe, they were less persuaded by weak arguments. Moreover, awe may decrease materialism. 

Indeed, it is true! I am a person who is not materialistic. My experiences of awe elevate me from all the mundane concerns, which are bounded by daily experiences such as the desire for money. I am not concerned about the acquisitions of wealth and material possessions.

My awe moments allow me to transcend the ordinary; they give me the sense of being small in a grand universe, and they help me to truly be in the moment. 

It is so important to be an awe person during these uncertain times. As isolation continues, my awe moments allow me to feel less focused on my daily troubles. As cabin fever creeps in, my awe activities actually reduce my feeling of impatience. 

I am a person who can create her own awe-full experiences at home :) I have found myself chasing sunrises and sunsets; the sun rises and descends in waves of color, pastels of orange and pink and neon blue, the clouds meandering above the city projecting a kaleidoscope across the sky...

I experience every day awe-inspiring moments! 

I am in AWE of my life! I am an awe collector!

At night, I look up and see thousands, maybe millions, of pinprick stars. This awe moment makes me ponder, makes me feel overcome by an ineffable overwhelming feeling of wonder, feeling part of something much larger than ourselves, of being upended by the vastness of the night sky...

I am an awe collector. I always take the time to notice the beauty of small things in our school garden; exquisite wildflowers, delicately patterned insects, intricate lichen formations...

May you enjoy a moment of laughter
May you enjoy a moment of gratitude
May you enjoy a moment of connection
May you enjoy a moment of peace
May you enjoy a moment of love
May you enjoy a moment of reflection
May you enjoy a moment of excitement
May you enjoy a moment of presence
May you enjoy a moment of awe and wonder

I enjoy all of these moments through my awe-inspiring experiences.

No comments: