"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Live, Love, Laugh And Celebrate

Perhaps it is a bit of cliché to call life a rollercoaster, but it is also very true in the time we live in!

Indeed in life there are high points and there are low points. Sometimes, scary, Sometimes funny.

Life is unpredictable just like a roller coaster but for an optimist it is awesome.

I am an optimistic person. I am always disposed to take a favorable view of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome. 

But every now and then I feel the desire to just unplug. Unplugging for just one day a week gives my brain the chance to reboot. 

Starting the day with myself, turning off the news, reading, exploring a new part of my neighborhood, writting on my blog; there are all easy ways to start unplugging

We need to set clear boundaries with our time and communication. 

When we unplug, time slows down and our senses grow sharper.

It is very important to unplug, to take a moment to be thankful for the opportunities that I have had during the day, the week, the month, the year...

Through my 30s, the culture of multitasking was revered. There was this overwhelming sense that the more things you could do at one time, the better you were! I realize that it is not true! I never feel like I am nailing anything when I am trying to do it all!

The antidote to doing too many things at once, is of course to only do one thing at a time. :) And the old adage that anything worth doing is worth doing well, is still as true as it ever was. 

Practice this all day long: whether working or playing, gently remind yourself, One thing at a time!

I am a self-proclaimed optimist! I am confident that I shall navigate life's ups and downs successfully. 

I have always felt my best when I feel liberated from things that were holding me back.

I make mistakes all the time. But I never get upset over my mistakes. We need to turn our mistakes into valuable life lessons. In order to do that, we need to think positively about our mistakes.

I am a half-full sort of person. Positive thinking is not magic and it will not make all of our problems disappear. But positive thinking will make our problems seem more manageable and positive thinking will help us approach hardships in a more productive way.

Stephen Hawking said, "One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist...Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."

Indeed, life is not meant to be lived perfectly. There is nothing wrong with making mistakes, but of course one should not repeat the same mistake!!! :) You should always make NEW ONES  :)

Remember, To Err is Human

We need to allow our children to try and fail. Protecting your children from failure is not helpful! It is natural for parents to want to protect their chidren from disappointment, but believe me doing so can lower their self-esteem and set them up for more difficulty in the future.

We need to give feedback and guidance rather than answers. We need to ask questions that help our children reflect on what they want, who they are, what they care about, how they feel, and what they should do as a result.

Remember, failure can be a great teacher! But when you allow your child to fail, you have to make sure that there is time for feedback and reflection. A discussion is needed about what went wrong and how it can be fixed.

A good rule of thumb is to let your children fail when they have a good shot at learning from it and getting better at problem-solving the next time.

I have seen my two boys playing many video games. I have noticed that when my children played video games, they explored each level through trial and error. They naturally corrected their mistakes each time until they got to the end of the video game. They understood that failing does not mean it is over; it just m eans they can do better.

Let your children fail. It is good for them. 

Try to develop a healthier relationship with failure yourself, and your children will take notice!

Have a great Wednesday! I wish you a happy new month! May the coming month of July bring all the happiness and pleasure for you and your family and friends. 

No comments: