"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Saturday 26 March 2011

Golden Rule Principle

A student was asking me last week about the golden rule principle. She said,  (if I remember very well...) "Why do so many religions have the same golden rule principle." 

So many religions have the same golden rule principle because they follow the ethic of reciprocity. Almost all religious ideas include the concept of reciprocity; that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect Therefore, the golden rule or ethic of reciprocity is found in the scriptures of almost all the religions. 

Treat others as you want to be treated is an important moral truth

Thank you for taking the time to ask me such an important question. I have really enjoyed the animated discussion that we had during breaktime. 

I encourage all the other middle and high school students who are reading this blog to not hesitate to come and ask me questions. I am always ready to have a dialogue with you during lunch time or recess time :)

No comments: