Most of us are haunted by the fear of making mistakes. Rather than fearing them, we could actually celebrate them.
A creative classroom is one in which failure is not fatal.
- Celebration allows us to notice the mistake.
- Mistakes are valuable feedback.
- Mistakes demonstrate that we are taking risks.
- Celebrating mistakes reminds us that it is OK to make them.
- Celebrating mistakes includes everyone.
- Mistakes occur only when we aim at a clear goal.
- Mistakes happen only when we are commited to making things work.
- Celebrating mistakes cuts the problem down to size. When our anxiety about making a mistake is behind us, we can get down to the business of correcting the mistake.