Firewalking is based on simple physics, not on any form of super natural psychological control. The temperature of the coals may be as high as 1,200°F. However, coals are like the air in a hot oven: They are very inefficient at transferring heat during brief contact.
Learn to separate high-qualilty information from misleading fiction:
- Be Skeptical
- Consider the source of information
- Ask yourself if there was a control group
- Look for errors in distinguishing between correlation and causation.
- Be sure to distinguish between observation and inference.
- Beware of oversimplification, especially those motivated by monetary gain.
- Remember, "for example" is not proof.