The way an individual approaches a problem can help determine the outcome, as well as the methods used by the individual to solve the problem.
People tend to react to a problem instead of seeking an understanding of the problem, which can lead to an overwhelming feeling of despair.
An individual needs to look at the problem or opportunity and take steps to figure out different solutions to the problem.
An individual should:
- define the problem
- break the problem down into simple steps
- ask for input from others
- make a list of solutions to the problem
- choose the solutions that they are able to follow through with in their daily life
- evaluate the solution they choose and if the solution works keep it going, and if not choose an alternative solution
I believe that problem solving is easier and more effective if the students uses creative thinking to accomplish a task. Brainstorming is one creative approach to solve a problem. No suggestion is wrong and the more solutions, the better.
The opportunity to brainstorm creatively without being judgmental is the best approach to solving a problem!