"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Friday 18 June 2010

Middle School Pledge

The Middle school students and I have read this pledge every morning before the start of our lessons.

This pledge has promoted our social and emotional learning. I think that people cannot succeed without social and emotional skills.

Social and emotional skills will help students become more resistant to the lure of drugs, teen pregnancy, violent gangs, and dropping out of school.

This pledge has helped us create a learning community which fosters acceptance, generosity, and mutual respect.


Pledge to Myself and to the Universe

This day has been given to me fresh and clear

I can either use it or throw it away

I promise myself I shall use this day to its fullest

Realizing it can never come back again

I realize this is my life to use or throw away

I make myself what I am

I pledge allegiance to the world

To cherish every living thing

To care for Earth, Sea, and Air

With Peace and Freedom everywhere!


by Steve VandeGrind, Teacher




No comments: