"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Sunday 20 November 2011

World Food Day 2011Take Action For Children

I was born in Niger and I grew up between Niger and an oasis in the Sahara Desert. Water and food have always been important issues in my community. I used to walk five times a day to fetch water and food was very scarce during my childhood in the oasis.

I run an Amnesty Youth Club. I teach teenagers about important issues, such as lack of water, hunger, child labor, human rights, death penalty, empower women, and many other subjects. 

I am enrolled in the Hunger and Agriculture Griot Course launched by One and WFP. 
 
This fall, One and WFP-USA and the Griot students are campaigning for foreign assistance funding in the Cogressional Budget for Fiscal Year 2012. 

Lincoln said, “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.”

I believe that by educating students about hunger, importance of water, and human rights issues, they will be ready to fight for a brighter future. 

 The students and I are selling bags  made locally by an artisan. These bags are made with local fabric and on the bags we can read, 1 sac = 15 repas (1 bag = 15 meals). 


 The students and I will donate the money to a school in a remote rural area where most of the students do not go to school because they are hungry.

In this area, they prefer to work in the fields instead of going to school. 

With the money,we will offer one school meal a day in order to attract more students to school. If we can do it for 3 months, it will be wonderful! 



No comments: