"All humans are members of the same body Created from one essence"

"Human beings are members of a whole in creation of one essence and soul. If one member is afflicted with pain, other members uneasy will remain."

Sunday 20 November 2011

Food keeps children in school!

"As long as poverty, injustice, and gross inequality exists in our world, none of us can rest!"  Nelson Mandela said “Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice.”



1, 2, 3, 4, 5, that is the sound of a child dying…every five seconds a child dies due to poverty! And usually that child hasn’t even reached the age of five!

I was born in Niger and I grew up in Niger. I have seen many hungry and thirsty children during my childhood. My grandparents lived in an oasis in the Sahara Desert and I used to walk five times a day to fetch water.  I have witnessed children, women, and men who had no access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food.  I have witnesses devastating poverty and I saw starvation and hunger up close. 

This fall the U.S. House of Representatives advanced a bill that would slash foreign aid by 31 percent! Please take action which can help hungry children and families around the world. Tell congress not to slash the foreign aid budget. Just over 1 percent of the US budget goes to foreign aid

 Please, urge the Congressmen to support the international programs that fight global hunger in the fiscal year 2012 budget, to urge them to create a circle of protection around programs for hungry and poor people in the United States and around the world. 

We want to urge the Congressmen to support Senate Level-funding of foreign assistance accounts in 2012, especially for programs like “Feed the Future” and emergency aid.





No comments: